Joel Thibodeaux is a DeKalb Schools audit director, a former State Senate staffer, and now a candidate for the vacant State House District 90. Joel has a lot to put in more about his personal and professional life. So continue to scroll down to find his entire journey.
Joel Thibodeaux’s Early Life
Joel Thibodeaux currently resides at Stonecrest, GA, with his wife Stacey and two children Johana and Jordan. His birthplace is supposed to be Lafayette, LA. He is quite active on the social media platforms, where he shares the events and programs attended and spreads awareness through his platform to the global audience.
Joel Thibodeaux’s Wife and Family
Joel Thibodeaux is married Stacey Thibodeaux. Joel and his wife Stacey have two kids together, Johanna Thibodeaux and Jordan Thibodeaux. They got married on 3rd July 1988 and celebrated their 32nd anniversary in 2020.
Joel Thibodeaux’s Education
Joel manages to have a strong and effective educational background. The below given are lists of educational institutions and degrees he had so far.
(1) Attended Louisiana State University
(2) MPP, Public Finance Policy, Georgia State University, 2010-2012
(3) BS, Accounting, DeVry University, 1994-1996
(4) Associate’s, Accounting, DeKalb Technical Institute, 1992-1994
Joel Thibodeaux’s Career
Joel started his career as an Instructor at Georgia Piedmont Technical College in 1998 and continued to work for two years. Later he joined as a Senior Financial Analyst with Exide Technologies and continued to work till 2003. After that, he joined North America, Premium Global Services as an Operational Finance Manager, and worked till 2009.
He also worked as a program analyst for the State Of Georgia Senate Budget and Evaluation Office in 2010 and continued till 2013. Later in 2013, he joined DeKalb County School District as a Senior Compliance Auditor and continued to work since 2014. Currently, Joel works as the Director of Audits and Compliance for DeKalb County School District since 2014.
Other than proving his metal in politics, he also has a beautiful background that talks about his interest and effort in other aspects of life, and they are as followed:
(1) Board Member, Board of Directors, Arabia Mountain Park (National Heritage Area), 2017-present
(2) Parish Finance Council Vice-, Christ Our Hope Catholic Church, 2016-present
(3) Board Member, Stonecrest City Alliance, 2013-present
(4) Treasurer, Men’s Ministry, Christ Our Hope Catholic Church, present
(5) Member, Stewardship Ministry, present
(6) Former President, Savoy Chase/Saddleridge Homeowners Association
(7) Co-Founder, Stonecrest Schools Foundation
(8) Chair, Governor’s Commission on City of Stonecrest, 2016-2017
(9) Treasurer, Committee for Stonecrest YES!, 2016